Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trip to Ronda


On the second day, we went to a nearby town, Ronda.  It was quite a rainy day although the sun would try to peek every now and then to get a good glimpse of what we were doing.  Luckily, we found an abandoned French made umbrella which became very useful for us when the rain started to pour...     Although Mel was always  on the alert in case the owner would see it and claim it or much worse, say that we stole it.  But nobody did.  Here is what we saw in Ronda.


 
 
 
 
 

The way  back to Nerja was more difficult than going  to Ronda  since there was heavy fog that affected visibility very much and  worse is that we were on rough curves on top of the mountains.   My oh my, and I hate the curves specially the sharp bends!!!  But then,  I looked at Ron and I did not see him losing his calm so  then I looked more eagerly ahead and I realized that there were bright lights illuminating our

way and that was because there was a  heavy duty van in front of us that seemed to be guiding us.  It was quite a long time that we were in this weird situation  maybe and hour or so and yet I no longer felt afraid just somehow impatient to get out of the fog.  When we finally did, we saw that there were a lot of other cars ahead of us, but surely not the same heavy duty van that we had in front of us.   That was quite a blessing, first the umbrella then the guiding light.  I knew that somebody was there to protect us from harm.   What a relief!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment