Sunday, June 5, 2011

Playing for Change

I cannot sing nor dance, but I can appreciate good music and help to propagate it, which for me is good enough.  Last night, Ron and Beatriz gave me several CD albums, one of which is Playing for Change with songs and 150 musicians from 25 different countries and cultures uniting together for the common purpose of peace through music.   All the music was  recorded and filmed live outside from West African villages  to favelas in Brazil,  a very interesting musical journey.  It is a  great album just like the first one recorded in 2008.  Thanks to Ron and Beatriz, I am able to widen my cultural horizon.


2 comments:

  1. Stand by me video is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, for you I have added to the blog this video, which is also another one of my favorites. Grandpa Elliot is amazing and I am glad he was given the opportunity to sing in the group.

    ReplyDelete